Our Team understands how to work on behalf of public and private owners and developers to negotiate the necessary construction, architect, engineering and project management contracts and other related documents to make developments possible. We start by helping owners and developers decide which project delivery approach best suits their project and then proceed with the preparation and negotiation of such documents.
We are involved throughout the construction process as we typically interpret compliance issues and help contractors, owners and tenants resolve construction disputes. Moreover, our Team has vast experience in legal matters often related to construction law, including:
- payment and performance bonds
- indemnity agreements
- lien waivers and releases
- certificates of insurance
- liability resulting therefrom
A few representative examples of our Construction expertise include:
- Representation of a supermarket chain in connection with the construction of multiple manufacturing facilities.
- Representation of a shopping center developer in connection with the construction of a retail shopping center containing approximately 450,000 square feet in Pharr, Texas, including finish-out work for all tenants.
- Representation of a non-profit organization in connection with the construction of performing arts center located in San Antonio, Texas.
- Representation of an institutional developer in connection with the construction of warehouse distribution centers for major electronic commerce company and tenant build-to-suit projects in multiple states.
- Representation of a local developer for mixed-use and hotel construction in connection with projects at The Pearl located in San Antonio, Texas.