We represent developers, owners and tenants of industrial projects. Our mission is to provide cost-effective, sophisticated and practical counsel to our clients so that our client’s project can transition from an idea to a reality. Aspects of our Industrial practice include the following:
- Negotiation and preparation of purchase and sale agreements.
- Negotiation of ground leases.
- Review of due diligence to determine the feasibility of a project, such as the review of title and survey, environmental reports, zoning and entitlements and other property documents.
- Work with City, County and State officials to negotiate and draft off-site infrastructure improvement agreements needed to improve the client’s use of the industrial warehouse facility.
- Negotiate agreements with neighboring property owners to obtain easements and right-of-way dedications needed to enhance the client’s use of the industrial warehouse facility.
- Work with utility companies to negotiate releases of blanket easements and/or negotiate new easement agreements.
- Work with City, County and other taxing authority officials to negotiate and draft tax incentive and/or tax abatement agreements benefiting the client and/or its tenant.
- Assist with zoning and special use permit applications.
- Work with engineers in connection with the platting of the subject property.
- Negotiation and preparation of development agreements between a property owner client and a build-to-suit tenant.
- Negotiation and preparation of development management agreements between a client and a development partner.
- Negotiation and preparation of build-to-suit leases between a property owner client and a build-to-suit tenant.
- Negotiation of construction contracts related to construction of the industrial warehouse facility.
- Negotiation of individual leases on behalf of owners and tenants.
- Negotiation of debt and equity financing arrangements.
- Negotiation of agreements and assistance with the disposition of a project following completion of construction and lease-up.
A few representative examples of industrial development projects that we have worked on include:
- Development of a 855,000 square foot distribution center in San Marcos, Texas.
- Development of a 397,000 square foot distribution center in New Braunfels, Texas.
- Development of a 1,008,867 square foot logistics distribution center in Berks County, Pennsylvania.
- Development of a 856,605 square foot single load warehouse facility in Sacramento, California.
- Development of a 157,500 square foot clear rear-load facility in Buffalo Grove, Illinois.
- Disposition of an approximately 650,000 square foot industrial distribution center in Dallas, Texas.
- Disposition of an approximately 600,000 square foot industrial distribution center in Aberdeen, Maryland.
"I have had the great pleasure of working with Steve and his talented and dedicated team over the course of the past 10 years. They are valued and trusted partners in the success of our national development program. Steve is a trusted advisor to our team and has clearly demonstrated a shared focus on core values. We often find ourselves across the table from some of the most respected legal firms around the country, and without question I have felt that we had the best representation in the room. Steve and his team do a remarkable job of providing the right protections while leading with a solutions based approach."
David Buck, Executive Managing Director Development of USAA Real Estate