We represent developers, owners and tenants of mixed-use projects. Our mission is to provide cost-effective, sophisticated and practical counsel to our clients so that a client’s project can transition from an idea to a reality. Whether a client’s project is a multi-family building with ground floor retail, an abandoned brewery to be redeveloped into a lifestyle center, a planned community with a mix of residential, hotel, office and retail or the client is a potential tenant, our Team can help get the deal done. Aspects of our Mixed-Use practice include the following:
- Negotiation of purchase and sale agreements for acquisition of a property.
- Negotiation of ground leases.
- Performance of due diligence review to determine the feasibility of a project, including by way of example the review of title and survey, environmental reports, zoning and entitlement and other property documents.
- Negotiation of development documents with third parties (both public and private), including the negotiation of site development agreements, comprehensive development agreements, restrictive covenants, condominium declarations, easement agreements, utility service agreements, incentive agreements with governing authorities, etc.
- Negotiation of debt and equity financing for a project, including the negotiation of loan documents, limited partnership agreements, limited liability company agreements, joint venture agreements, contribution agreements and profit participation agreements.
- Negotiation of construction contracts with third-party contractors and development management agreements with third-party developers.
- Negotiation of lease agreements with tenants on behalf of a landlord and with landlords on behalf of tenants.
- Negotiation of listing and leasing agreements with brokers.
- Negotiation of property management agreements.
- Negotiation of hotel operating agreements.
- Negotiation of agreements and assisting in connection with the disposition of a project following completion of construction and lease-up.
A few examples of mixed use projects that we have worked on include:
- Development of The Pearl, a 27-acre historic brewery located in close proximity to downtown San Antonio, Texas, which includes such uses as office, retail, multi-family and an event space. Development of a 1,000 room convention center hotel and associated retail at the Pearl.
- Development of The Quarry Village, located in San Antonio, Texas, a mixed-use development containing approximately 71,000 square feet of retail and entertainment space and an approximately 288-unit apartment complex with parking facilities.
- Development of a 3,000-acre residential, hotel, conference center and golf course resort development in Horseshoe Bay, Texas.
- Re-development of the existing convention center and surrounding 75-acre Hemisfair Park in San Antonio, Texas, including such uses as interactive parkland, residential, retail and office.
- Development of a multi-family, office and retail development in Dallas, Texas.
The Pearl is the signature mixed-use project of San Antonio. Encompassing a 27-acre historic brewery. The Pearl has been developed into a first-class mixed-use facility, including residential, retail, office and hotel uses. Since its inception, our Team has been deeply involved with helping our client transition The Pearl from an abandoned and forgotten site to…See This Project