We understand that financing is often an integral part of a real estate project. As we routinely represent clients as both lenders and borrowers, we understand the unique concerns and pressures on both sides of the transaction. Our Team prides itself in being able to negotiate fair and equitable terms in a timely, efficient manner. We have experience with all types of financing arrangements, including senior and subordinate mortgage and mezzanine loans, acquisition financing, construction loans, bridge loans and permanent loans. We have also assisted clients in loan workouts and modifications. We can represent you in drafting and negotiating loan applications, commitment letters, notes, loan agreements, guarantees, indemnity agreements and other loan documents as well as guide you through the loan closing process, including reviewing standard loan diligence items such as title and survey and providing enforceability, formation and authority legal opinions.
We can also assist you with entity formation, and we are well-versed in the requirements needed to qualify for a securitized loan, including establishing bankruptcy remote organizational structures that meet rating agency requirements. Whether it is a loan for a starter project or a multi-million dollar facility, our Team has done it and can help make your project a success.
A few transactions showcasing our Real Estate Finance expertise include:
- Negotiation on behalf of a developer of an approximately $140,000,000 construction loan for an office tower building in San Antonio, Texas.
- Negotiation on behalf of a developer of an approximately $80,000,000 construction loan for the development of an approximately 450,000 square foot shopping center in Pharr, Texas.
- Negotiation on behalf of a developer of an approximately $40,000,000 construction loan for the development of a first-class multi-family apartment complex in Austin, Texas.
- Negotiation on behalf of an office tower owner an approximately $18,000,000 permanent loan with a life insurance company.
- Negotiation on behalf of an institutional investor of construction and permanent loans secured by industrial properties located throughout the United States.
- Origination on behalf of an investor of multiple mezzanine loans and second lien security interests securing multi-family and multi-storage projects throughout Texas.