We represent developers, owners, tenants and lenders of retail projects. Our mission is to provide cost-effective, sophisticated and practical counsel to our clients so that a client’s project can transition from an idea to a reality. Whether a client’s project is a small strip center, an anchored shopping center, a self-storage facility or the client is a potential tenant in a commercial space, our Team can help get the deal done. Aspects of our Retail practice include the following:
- Negotiation of purchase and sale agreements for the acquisition of a property.
- Negotiation of ground leases.
- Review of due diligence to determine the feasibility of a project, such as the review of title and survey, environmental reports, zoning and entitlements and other property documents.
- Negotiation of development documents with third parties (both public and private), such as site development agreements, declarations, restrictive covenants, easement agreements, utility service agreements, and incentive agreements with governing authorities.
- Negotiation of debt and equity financing arrangements for a project, including the negotiation of loan documents, limited partnership agreements, limited liability company agreements, joint venture agreements, contribution agreements and profit participation agreements.
- Negotiation of construction contracts with contractors, development management agreements with developers, and property management agreements with managers.
- Negotiation of lease agreements with tenants on behalf of both landlords and tenants.
- Negotiation of listing, leasing and commission agreements with brokers.
- Negotiation of property management agreements.
- Negotiation of agreements related to the disposition of a project following stabilization.
A few examples of retail projects that we have worked on include:
- Re-development of former mall into a new 466,000 square foot shopping center in Pharr, Texas with multiple anchors.
- Development and sale of a 253,000 square foot anchored shopping center in Austin, Texas.
- Development of a 169,352 square foot anchored shopping center in New Braunfels, Texas.
- Development of assembled properties into a 122,000 square foot shopping center in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- Development of a 8,400 square foot retail strip center in San Antonio, Texas.
- Development and sale of Class A self-storage facilities in the Central Texas market area to a national REIT.
- Acquisition and development of regional malls in Texas on behalf of a national mall developer.
Lakeline Market is a 253,000 square foot regional shopping center located in Austin, Texas and developed by a partnership of HEB Grocery Company and Barshop & Oles Company. The center is anchored by HEB Plus! Grocery, Stein Mart, Michaels and Alamo Draft House and includes a quality mix of national, regional and local retail, restaurant…See This Project
Pharr Town Center
Pharr Town Center is a 470,000 square foot shopping center in Pharr, Texas, and is a major shopping destination within the booming Rio Grande Valley of South Texas. Our client, Levcor, Inc., acquired the property several years ago when it was originally an enclosed mall. The existing structure was demolished to make way for the…See This Project